Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Home.

Well in the last year we have moved 2 times. The first time started with promise and ended badly, Corben had major anxiety and seperation issues, and he Didn't adjust to his new room well at all.
With the mess of Divorce and all that has happened I was very worried about moving again and how corben would react to all the new changes.

I was ready, I had read books watched the super Nanny show and had a plan of attack.
I was going to stay with Corben in his new room, until he fell asleep at night.
I prepped him for it so he knew it was coming we had lots of talks about this, I would get a chair and sit next to his bed. Each night I would set the Chair back a inch or so and move it further and further back, until he felt comfortable enough to be in his own ben on his own for the first time in 8 months.
I was prepared to loose much sleep, to deal with a crying child and to sleep on the floor in his room when need be. I was ready!

Last Saturday night was our first Night in a new house, new room.
Corben was thrilled to take a bath and get in jammies. I wasnt fooled, I was ready for what what coming.
I wasn't ready for this...

Corben: ok mom ready for Bed, Turn off all the lights so its really dark.
me : um ok?
Corben: "mom why are you still in here?"
me: huh?
Corben: why are you still in my room mom? I want to go to bed.
me: um well right ok... walks out of room confused.

Ok I thought, he is going to wake me up a dozen times wanting me to go to his room, or to climb in bed with me. I stayed up and waited... and waited...
then it was morning. 9am
I was stunned! and very sleepy. I had been so ready I had charts people!
Each night since has been the same.
Ok ready for Bed night mom.
mom why are you still here?

I am so confused.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats!!! Thats awesome. It shows how comfortable he is with your new situation. I am so proud of you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well if that isn't a blatant sign that this was a good decision, then I don't know what is! I'm so glad he has adjusted so easily! Now...how about you? How have you been adjusting to this change?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe Um where are pics from labor day?!?!

    ReplyDelete